Are you thinking of flashing a custom ROM, or maybe just a mod? But before you head towards any of it, you might want to flip through this article that will show you how to backup Android devices and why you should do it. This backup option is device-specific, which means if you have devices for which your phone manufacturer made the app/software, only you can use this option. As you know, Contacts are an essential part of our smartphone. You may never want to lose your personal contact details.
- Apps like Kingroot will automatically root your device with one click and that’s an easy way of rooting.
- Next, connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable (without battery – if the battery is removable) and press volume up download the firmware from here. or volume down button at the same time.
- There are more custom recoveries like CWM but they don’t work as well.
- Installing TWRP on your Android device without a PC is a convenient and easy process.
- Low storage space in your device hampers the smooth operation as well as prevents downloading or updating latest software.
If TWRP is not an option for you (locked bootloader, unsupported device etc), you may want to check out Helium. Helium is a no-root adb-based solution similar in principle to TWRP. It transfers (bi-directional) apps and also the critically important app data. There are two installs, the app on your android and the companion program on your PC. Backing up the data from an old phone to a new phone on Android hasn’t always been so simple, but you now have more options than before. You can use first-party methods from Google and Microsoft or rely on third-party apps, including Swift Backup or Dropbox. Other backup services can help you back up your Android phone, but we only highlighted the common ones.
- This SmartPhone Flash tool is compatible with both the 32-bit as well as 64-bit Windows and Linux OS.
- In TWRP recover, select Backup/Restore option, choose backup file and swipe to confirm (this will wipe your phone, so backup whole data you have on the phone).
- If you have already customized the device with custom ROMs/recovery/root, and want to restore HTC U11 to stock firmware, then we will help you.
- If yes where can I find the guides to perform all of the above mentioned steps.
Firmware is the shortest memory of phones that keeps your data of the phone securely. But to work it strongly and to keep free from all kinds of all system loss it needs some unique program. Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android) is always ready to provide such kinds of facility to store data of your mobile phone.
SP Flash Tool is an all-in-one computer software for MediaTek mobile phones. Do you want to reset the FRP lock on MediaTek Android phones? Do you want to flash stock ROM without unlocking the bootloader? In this guide, we’ll download and flash stock firmware using SP Flash Tool. SP flash tools are widely used to download/update the firmware of MediaTek android phones. Using this one can revive a dead android phone, resetting, fixing a bricked device.